In March, we focused on a few tips such as list keeping, practicing using phrasal verbs in one’s writing and speaking, etc. Here are a few new ones as well as an elaboration of some of the previously mentioned ones….
- Note down and learn verbs as vocabulary vocabs (think of them as single words) when you are initially introduced to them.
- Note whether they have an object or not (e.g. sit up, pick sth up, look after sb)
- Make a note of any common objects and subjects the verb is used with as well as the grammar pattern the verbs are used with.
- Keep a note of opposites and /or single word verbs with the same meaning.
- According to particles (up, down, out, in, etc) and particular meaning of particles (Click here)
- Grouping phrasal verbs under the main verb
- Grouping by themes (Telephoning, at home, travelling, etc)